Important Information about Contribution Limits
As of January 1, 2019, the maximum allowable contribution to a registered Canadian political party, including our own Don Valley North CPC EDA, increased to $1,600 annually (up from $1,575 in 2018). Accordingly, our EDA accepts one-time or aggregate monthly donations up to this amount through this website.
Your potential federal tax benefits
As a one of our Association's contributors, you're eligible for generous federal tax credits when you make a donation in support of our Association's activities which support our candidate's next federal general election campaign, currently planned for October 2019.
The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
- Donations between $0 and $400 will provide you with a 75 per cent refund;
- Donations between $400 and $750 will provide you with a refund of $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400; and,
- Donations over $750 will provide you a refund of $475 plus 33.3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year.
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party;
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns); and,
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a registered party's leadership contest.
Full details are available on Elections Canada's website.