Important Information about Contribution Limits
As per Elections Canada rules, the maximum allowable donation from an individual to an Electoral District Association (EDA) in 2021 is $1650.
Elections Canada permits individuals to support both our local EDA up to $1650 in 2021, AND the national Conservative Party of Canada up to $1650 in 2021.
- Your donation to our Don Valley North Conservative Association will support the election campaign of your Conservative candidate in this area as well as the needs of this Association. This will be essential for the local campaign to operate during the election (it will provide funds for things such as lawn signs, office rent, phones, flyers, etc.)
- Your donation to the Conservative Party of Canada in Ottawa will support the national election campaign (it will provide funds for expenses related to the national operations of the Party across the country).
By donating on this website, you are contributing to the EDA of Don Valley North and will thereby support the local candidate's campaign.
The maximum possible tax credit remains $650.00, even if you donate the maximum amounts both to the EDA and to the national Party. For more information about donations and tax credits, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website or Elections Canada.
Your potential federal tax benefits
As a contributor, you're eligible for generous federal tax credits when you make a donation to us.
The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
- Donations up to $400 will provide you with a 75% refund;
- Donations between $400 and $750 will provide you with a refund of $300 plus 50% of any amount over $400; and,
- Donations over $750 will provide you a refund of $475 plus 33.3% of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year.
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,650 in any calendar year to each registered political party;
- No more than $1,650 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns); and,
- No more than $1,650 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a registered party's leadership contest.
Full details are available on Elections Canada's website.